Monday, November 16, 2009

Featuring Marie Jahn from Funtabiedozie Designs.......


Marie, her dog and her daughter all in the felting Studio selecting colours for the next tea cosy!

About Marie Jahn...
I am a mum of 2 girls, now aged 10 and 12. Three summers ago my daughters and I went on a 3 hours felting course, well from that moment on, I became addicted to felt, I just loved working with all the lovely bright coloured wools! At the time I was working part time for a local Wine Imorters, I would leave work at 3:15 pick the children up and try to be the pefect mum, and then when both girls were in bed out would come all the felting wool and creations would be made normally into the wee early hours! A year ago now I was made redundant (big smile on my face!), with my redundancy package I brought a Studio (which my husband built in our garden) and a Labradoodle Pup, so now when the girls are at School I spend my day felting in the Studio and walking the dog (of course not at the same time!).
Inspirations.....
The wonderful bright colours of felting wool that are available, lliterally every colour of the rainbow, inspire me to create lovely bright coloured gifts such at tea/cafetiere cosies, corsages, felted sweets, bags, purses......., I like to think my felted creations are happy, bright and fun!
Best Sellers...
My best sellers have to be my brightly coloured tea and cafetiere cosies, every good tea pot & cafetiere plunger should not be without one!, I like to think they bright up a kitchen!
More Than A Mama fayre....
This Christmas I have felted out of the brightest 100% Merino Wools:
- a range of tea and coffee cosies
- felted soaps (a perfect teacher Christmas pressie!),
- freshly laid egg cosies!
- felted sweeties for the Xmas Tree
- glass cases
- mobile phone cases
- Corsages
- Sweetie bracelets
- Clutch bags/Purses
- Lavender filled love hearts
Website......
My website is: www.jahndesigns.co.uk. I must apologise in that this website is at a stage of infancy at the moment BUT there is a gallery book on it where you can see a lot of my felted designs (I am sorry about the music!).
Come and see Marie Jahn's wonderful wares at a More Than A Mama Fayre coming very soon!!! Next one is THIS FRIDAY (20th Nov) at Berkhamsted Town Hall, from 9am till 12.30pm.

love from
x

1 comment:

  1. I love Maries work, such fun and she has a great sense of colour!!

    ReplyDelete